Description of Glucometer:
A glucometer, also known as a blood sugar machine, is a small electronic device used to measure the amount of glucose (sugar) in a person's blood. This is a crucial tool for individuals who have diabetes, a condition that affects the body's ability to produce or use insulin, resulting in elevated blood sugar levels. Glucometers are available in various types and models, each with unique features and benefits.
Types of Glucometers:
- Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose (SMBG) Meter: This is the most common type of glucometer used by individuals with diabetes to test their blood sugar levels at home. The SMBG meter requires a small blood sample, which is usually obtained by pricking the fingertip with a lancet. The blood sample is then placed on a test strip, which is inserted into the glucometer. The device then measures the glucose level in the blood and displays the result on a digital screen.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System: The CGM system is a more advanced type of glucometer that uses a sensor inserted under the skin to measure glucose levels continuously. The sensor sends data wirelessly to a receiver, which displays the readings in real-time. The CGM system is especially useful for individuals with type 1 diabetes, who require constant monitoring of their blood sugar levels.
- Non-Invasive Glucometer: This type of glucometer uses non-invasive methods, such as infrared light or ultrasound, to measure glucose levels without requiring a blood sample. However, non-invasive glucometers are not yet widely available and are still in the developmental stage.
Features of Glucometers:
- Accuracy: The accuracy of a glucometer is crucial, as incorrect readings can lead to incorrect dosing of insulin or other medications. Most modern glucometers are highly accurate, with a margin of error of only a few percentage points.
- Memory: Many glucometers have a memory function that stores previous readings, allowing individuals with diabetes to track their blood sugar levels over time. This is especially useful for individuals who need to monitor their blood sugar levels multiple times a day.
- Size and Portability: Glucometers come in various sizes, from small and compact to larger models that may have more features. Portability is also an important factor, as many individuals with diabetes need to carry their glucometer with them at all times.
Uses of Glucometers:
- Monitoring Blood Sugar Levels: The primary use of glucometers is to monitor blood sugar levels in individuals with diabetes. This allows them to make adjustments to their diet, exercise routine, or medication dosages as needed.
- Pre-Diabetes Screening: Glucometers can also be used to screen individuals for pre-diabetes, a condition in which blood sugar levels are higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes. Early detection of pre-diabetes can help prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes: Glucometers can also be used to monitor blood sugar levels in pregnant women with gestational diabetes, a type of diabetes that develops during pregnancy.
- Hypoglycemia Detection: Glucometers can detect low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) in individuals with diabetes, allowing them to take corrective action before serious complications occur.
- Hyperglycemia Detection: Glucometers can also detect high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) in individuals with diabetes, allowing them to take corrective action before serious complications occur.
Best Brands of Glucometers:
There are many brands of glucometers available on the market, but some of the most popular and highly rated brands include:
- ACCU-CHEK: ACCU-CHEK is a brand of glucometers and diabetes management products owned by Roche. Their products are known for their accuracy, ease of use, and innovative features, such as strip port lights and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Abbott: Abbott is a global healthcare company that produces a range of medical devices, including glucometers. Their products are highly accurate and reliable, and they offer a variety of features such as Bluetooth connectivity, mobile apps, and continuous glucose monitoring systems.
- B Braun: B Braun is a German medical technology company that produces a range of medical devices, including glucometers. Their products are known for their accuracy, ease of use, and innovative features, such as color-coded range indicators and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Dr. Trust: Dr. Trust is an Indian healthcare company that produces a range of medical devices, including glucometers. Their products are highly accurate and affordable, and they offer a variety of features such as large displays, strip ejectors, and mobile apps.
- Nipro: Nipro is a Japanese healthcare company that produces a range of medical devices, including glucometers. Their products are highly accurate and reliable, and they offer a variety of features such as voice guidance, Bluetooth connectivity, and mobile apps.
Buy Glucometer At Wholesale Price From Biomed Suppliers:
Biomed suppliers offers you the best Glucometer for doctors, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and more. You can get glucometer online at Biomed Suppliers with the lowest price as compare to another seller. We offer the best glucometer price. You can get the best quality of glucometer machine at us. There are many types of glucometers with its price that you can buy glucometer online at Biomed Suppliers. So, start to shop the best glucometer online in India, with its details, key features, pictures, rating and more.
|Glucometer Brand And Models:||Price Range|
|ACCU CHECK PERFORMA 100'S||₹2,520.00 - ₹3,600.00|
|Abbott FreeStyle Optium Neo Blood Glucose and ketone Monitor||₹2,821.00 - ₹3,900.00|
|Accuchek Active Test Strips (100 Strips)||₹1,736.00 - ₹2,800.00|
|Alere AG-4000 G1 Blood Glucose meter||₹1,400.00 - ₹2,500.00|